Alistair Darling presented his third Budget on Wednesday 24 March 2010.
With the country emerging from deep global recession and needing to provide a route to long term prosperity he announced a number of new measures.
Main Budget proposals:
- Entrepreneurs’ Relief limit doubled to £2 million
- Annual Investment Allowance doubled to £100,000
- Changes to certain loan write off rules for close companies
- Inheritance tax nil rate band frozen at £325,000
- SDLT relief is introduced for first time home buyers